The Joust, Living Chessgame, Musicians, Belly Dancers, Comedy Acts, the Royal Court, battling knights and more! Your day will be filled with all the fanfare of a festival renaissance day.
Here are some of the entertainers seen at Camelot Days Medieval Festival 2016.
- Royalty, nobles, knights, and more!
- The Royal Chessmen (Both Weekends)
Watch the Royal Chessmen battle it out with swords, staffs, and fists in this extreme game of chess. The English knights are away fighting in the crusades when the Vikings invade. Who will defend the kingdom?
- New Riders of the Golden Age JOUSTING! (Both Weekends) New Riders has been jousting since 1982. The use of Belgian, Percheron, Shire, and Clydesdale horses and full suits of period-designed 16th century tilting armor differentiates the New Riders of the Golden Age from groups and organizations presenting staged theatrical medieval jousts. The use of period equipment allows the New Riders to engage in an authentic full contact joust, and the great horses add an unmatchable sense of power and presence to the joust.
Magic & Mayhem
ChaChing the Bunny is back for another round of Magic and Mayhem! See the show that explains why: Fruit flies like a banana, but TIME FLIES LIKE A BUNNY!
- High Flying Fools – David Doyle Entertainment
Pester & Tata may be a couple of idiots but don’t worry they have some help! With their “Circus for Idiots” instruction manual, they are sure to put on the Greatest Aerial Show Ever….We Think. High atop our aerial rig this hilarious aerial show combines comedy, feats of strength, the grace and beauty of aerial silks & lyra and even somesideshow into one awesome crowd pleasing performance!
- Robin Hood & Maid Marian
Join Robin Hood and Maid Marian as they regale you with tales from Sherwood! Members of the audience will become the stars of their stories and play heroes, villains, and maidens fair while the rest of the audience provides the soundtrack!
- Dancing Hammers
A Hammered Dulcimer Duo, creates intricate compositions with deep harmony and drone. They blend ancient instruments, a passion for music and lots of strings into a performance that is engaging, educational and entertaining. The Hammered Dulcimer, predecessor to the piano, is over 2,500 years old. It is known across the globe for its beautiful, unique, and ethereal sound.
- Faire Wynds
Ye Olde Magic and Flea Circus! A look at the street magic and ‘vermin shows’ of days gone by! The Professor, Penelope and 4 (yes, I said 4!!!!) HIGHLY TRAINED FLEAS are ready to perform SPECTACULAR FEATS of STRENGTH, DEXTERITY, DANGER and a bit of MAGIC all for YOUR PLEASURE! YOUR AMUSEMENT! YOUR ENTERTAINMENT! and OUR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS! A family-friendly show with comedy, magic and history all rolled up in one! And remember our motto: FLEAS! They’re not just for carrying plague and disease anymore!
- Ivanovich the Impossibilist
You’ll hear the crowd chanting even before you can see what’s happening. When you move through the crowd you see it. But you won’t believe it. Ivanovich the Impossibilist, master of prestidigitation, brings his own flavor of magic, mystery, and illusion to Camelot Days.
- The Hopeless Romantics Comedy Show
He is back! Come hear Master Story teller, Guido Libido tell the “real” version of your favorite love tragedies like Romeo & Juliet or Adam & Eve in a way you have never heard before…..or will want to hear again. He has been “Making Love Funny” afor over 10 years at Festivals across the country. This interactive comedy involves the audience and is never the same twice. New This Year: Story Time with Guido! That’s right Guido will share his personal stories or LOVE! Yeah!…and Tragedy….Awww! Adults only for this one.
- The Da Vinci Brothers Comedy Opera (2nd Weekend) are hilarious stage presentations, where the audience become the stars. They become the orchestra, the sound effects and act out the story. Dynamic family fun!
- Aaron Bonk — Fire Whip Sword Show With stupefying acts of danger and craziness, Aaron Bonk will amuse and amaze in a refreshingly original days-of-yore comedy juggling whip show unlike any that your king, queen or peasants have seen before. Machetes, whips, axes and fire–the hottest show in all the ‘Shire.
- 3 Pints Gone (Both Weekends)
3 Pints Gone’s distinctive sound is full of high energy and harmony-rich arrangements. They entertain by telling stories through the songs that leave the audience feeling like old friends.
- Celtic Mayhem (Both Weekends)
The band plays Celtic traditional music and folk songs, along with original and contemporary music with a traditional feel. Ty Billings on vocals, guitar, and flute; Martyn Wylde on vocals, bass, guitar, and bouzouki; and Jack Stamates on vocals, fiddle, recorder, and percussion.
- Trash or Treasure (Both Weekends)
Come help Lovable Winston and Mad Maggie use their box of trash to tell your favorite fairy tales that have been treasured children of all ages, even the big ones.
- Lotus Tribal Arts (Both Weekends)
Tribal and Belly Dancers
- The Steele Sisters (2nd Weekend)
Comedy, sword-fighting, action, adventure, tall boots, corsets, danger, mystery, real steel and romance – everything you could want in a beautiful-ladies-sword-fighting-comedy show!
- Aranmore Irish Dance (1st Weekend)
- Anger of The Mistress – Trebuchet demonstrations (Both Weekends)
- Songster Harp (Both Weekends)
Beautiful harp music (played throughout the day)
- Raptors of the Round Table (Both Weekends)
The Royal Falconers.
- Revelers Round
Period dancing performed throughout the faire.
- Cobblestone Characters – Street characters
- Crew of the Holland Days – Encampment
- Camelot Days Fairies
- Realms of History – Encampment
- Paladin Society – Encampment
- Swordmasters – combat games
- History of Chivalry – Encampment and live combat
- SCA – Sangre Del Sol – Encampment and live combat
- The Knotty Peg Leg – Encampment
(Entertainers are subject to change without notice)
If you are an entertainer who wishes to perform at Camelot Days, please email us at [email protected]